Would you like to join a Peer Educator Organization?
Apply to become a MENTAL HEALTH AMBASSADOR!
Benefits of becoming a Mental Health Ambassador:
- Meet new people
- Develop leadership and communication skills
- Build up resume for graduate school or your career
- Gain experience in a mental health environment
What will I do as a Mental Health Ambassador?
- Facilitate and help develop Counseling Center presentations
(See a list of presentations available at MHA.appstate.edu)
- Help plan and facilitate Counseling Center events like:
- Depression/Anxiety Screening
- Eating Disorder Awareness Weeks
- Other campus-wide programs
- Help reduce the stigma surrounding mental health issues on the ASU campus
How do I become a Mental Health Ambassador?
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Complete application (available as a PDF file) and reference forms (also available as a PDF file)
- Must be responsible, motivated, and energetic.
- Must be interested in mental health topics and promoting positive mental health
- Be able to commit to Fall and Spring semester involvement
- Be able to attend weekly staff meetings and training seminar on Thursday, August 11 and Friday, August 12.
Interested? More info is here: www.mha.appstate.edu
Submit applications to Dr. Denise Lovin by mail or they may be dropped off at the ASU Counseling Center (in the Annas Student Support Building behind the Post Office).
Completed application packets(including 2 reference forms) should be in a sealed envelope and are due Friday, March 4th, 2016